Tuesday 15 March 2011

Journey...

My blog is my journey with dance. The ‘blogging’ process has supported my learning in choreography and dance making. It is as helpful as my artist journal but there is one difference: my journal is personal while the blog can be shared with others. With the help of examples I will explain how the blog has helped me in different ways.
First of all, we have already started the process of making our own dance in duets. On my blog I have a lot of posts related to this process. I had the opportunity to share my ideas with other people in different ways as well as to show everyone how I am improving. In addition to that, I put a lot of scores which are helpful in creating process. There is also video about contact improvisation which was developed by Steve Paxton. In this way I can show everyone what exactly I will use in my dance and who was my inspiration. Finally, I have also posted feedback which is strongly related to my duet with Ioana. Before every rehearsal of our duet, I go back to my blog to read the feedback from witnesses over and over again. It is helpful to improve myself and to not do the same mistakes.
The second example which I want to demonstrate is from our improvisation classes. I have posted a lot of scores from these classes which are also helpful in creating and making dances. There is a lot of useful information: drawings, videos and written opinions as well as reflections. The most important thing about this post is that I can use all of this information in my Body Story.
Nowadays we have the fast progressing world of technologies and everyone has access to the internet. In my opinion, that’s why a blog is the best way of documentation. You can go back anytime to your personal blog and remember the whole journey which you have already done.

No comments:

Post a Comment